Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Change of Scenery

I've been thinking about this entry for a while now. What has happened to me that it has taken this long before I wrote? I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with reasons for not writing on here, but that is not the point of this blog or this entry. For the first time ever, my report from my cozy apartment (which has become all the cozier thanks to my new roommates and their sense of decorations) is on the road. Well, not quite the road, but not my apartment either. I am writing this blog from the box office at iO. As things do in life, change is all around (just ask the President, or the weather). Living in Chicago and trying to be active in life, whether that be seeing shows or exploring downtown with friends at 2 in the morning, I have been spending less and less time in the cozy apartment and noticing more in life. So this could be the end of this blog. Not the end of blog writing. Let me let you in on some things:

1) I have become more and more interested in writing. I have a journal that I have been writing in a lot (or at least more than I do on this blog). Lately I have been considering going back to school and studying journalism. I realize this could be an unwise decision, considering technology and newspapers slowly becoming a thing of the past. However, I can't get the thought out of my head, so I shall toy with the idea, and see what becomes of it.

2) I am more than likely moving home. There are many reasons for this. Paying bills, getting financially stable, possibly restarting school. The biggest reason is my amazing girlfriend. I am not moving home for her as in she begged me to move home, mind you. This is a decision of mine, and mine alone. There are many reasons as to why move home, but know this is not me giving up on my dream, and this was not an easy decision. I know that I will have a career in improv, and while some say it is stupid to go through the whole program and go home, I know what is best in my heart. I have worked so hard to be where I am, and I know that I can do it all over again, just this time with the love of my life next to me.

3) I am really engulfing myself in the improv community. I am in the process of starting two different teams, in addition to the one I already am in. I am excited for these ventures. One of my teams, The Hitmen, already have a show scheduled for the end of November.

Why am I leaving this blog? Maybe leaving isn't a great word. Hiatus fits perfectly. Look on my page. See if I start something new. I WILL start something new. Life is Changing. The leaves are turning brown. The sun sets early. One blog ends, another begins.

From outside the Cozy Apartment,
CB

No comments: