Thursday, February 5, 2009

She Was a Working Girl...

A confession: I have a problem. I don't think I'm the only one in America who has it, but I admit that I have a problem. Here I go (deep breathe...)

When I go grocery shopping, I always want to go out for food immediately after.

Wow, feels good to get that off my chest. It must be from exhaustion of shopping, but there is nothing more I want than to enjoy a burger from Salt and Pepper, or a Jimmy John sandwich, or (in yesterday's case) a Chipotle burrito. As I went into the Chipotle, I was greeted by a short, middle age hispanic woman who asked what type of burrito I wanted. Now I am usually a creature of habit, so immediately said steak, but as she was about to put it on, my inner dialogue said, "TRY SOMETHING NEW! BE SPONTANEOUS! QUICK!" So I shouted, "CHICKEN!" She kind of laughed and looked at me, and I reassured her by nodding and saying (this time for calmly), "Chicken." As she's putting on the chicken she asks, "Would you like to have both?" I thought this was brilliant! Best of both worlds. I knew I was about to eat the best burrito EVER! I nodded for it, and as she's putting on the steak she says, "It'll only be 2 dollars extra." I was shocked, this lady played me....good. I had no choice but to pay, because I'm not going to yell at a middle-aged woman for upselling a burrito.

Moral of the story:
Make a burrito at home, and if you must go out, beware of being taken advantage of by short, middle-aged hispanic women.

From my cozy apartment,
CB

No comments: