Sunday, February 1, 2009

You Put the "Rat" in Pirate.

What what?!  Two updates in a week!?  Impossible, you say?! Nay, tis true.  

So as I mentioned in the last post, work is going...well, bad.  I'm not getting scheduled as often, and have more time to do more leisurely things with my time.  Unfortunately, that has meant laying in bed until sun down watching TV shows on hulu.com and abusing facebook.  No more.  After laying in bed rewatching Weeds online, I have decided to start doing more constructive things.  For example, I am in the first steps of writing a show with a high school friend in New York (she's a friend from high school, not a person who is still in high school).  After weeks of procrastination, I have sent her the e-mail that will start this beautiful process called "being funny on paper" (technical term). 

What else shall I do?  Well, I am glad you asked.  I next will need to write a letter to my student loan people saying, "Hey!  I'm poor!  Please let me pay in July, not now!"  Hopefully it will go through.  The thing I am most excited about is starting to get my lesson plan together.  Wait a minute, I'm a waiter, not a teacher!  Oh, but how lucky am I?  My high school is flying me out to Tulsa for a few days to teach an improv workshop with the high school students, hopefully planting a seed in them that I was lucky enough to receive there, and they will get up and start a team.  I am so excited to do this, since improv is a passion, nay, calling of mine, and I can't wait to spread it to others.  I have been paying attention and keeping note of what I have learned here, as well as asked my amigo Collin A. (that's Mr. A for anyone at Cooper Middle School) to help me come up with a list of games.  I have been looking forward to this for months.

So as I lay on my bed, drinking my cup of coffee and brainstorming games I will teach these kids, I am thinking of how lucky I am.  Even though I complain about my job, I am very lucky to have the people I do in my life.  Talking on the phone to my Mr. A., coming up with silly movie ideas with Katy, playing guitar over aim to my amazing girlfriend Haley, ahh, I am so lucky!

Tonight I have class.  I get to learn and do what I am put on this earth to do.  I am drinking coffee and listening to music.  I am wearing wool socks.  I am texting Haley.  I am writing a lesson plan.   Sundays are my favorite days...

From my cozy apartment,
CB

No comments: